Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taking Charge At Camp

“Good morning campers!” a voice yelled enthusiastically. While everybody in the camp was hurrying to get dressed, my tent groaned, still half asleep and annoyed with the teachers. “Why couldn’t we have had people who like to sleep run the camp?” Selena moaned.

We were at the Yr 7 & 8 Camp. It was 6 o’clock in the morning and we were NOT happy. “ Pass my toothbrush!” Mubasshira snapped. I guess she wasn’t kidding when she said she needed her sleep. “ Why can’t we just sleep in?” Selena mumbled. I rolled my eyes and said “Because then, you’d miss the hot breakfast: Spaghetti and toast!” She sprang out of bed saying, “Okay, okay. I get it now!”

After the breakfast that calmed Selena down, we headed down to the bottom field for Rock Up. The field was crowded with a Rock Wall, an Archery tent, Shuffle boards, and a blob of new entrants. “Ummm....I dont think I’ll be able to do this.” Mubasshira said shocked with the sight of the bottom field. I laughed and said “Oh, Mubasshira, look the rock wal isn’t even that tall” m I said pointing to the wall. “ Yeah, I could. But I’d rather do it when I can see. Look!!! The instructor is climbing blind folded!!” She exclaimed. Whoops. I must have missed the man climbing with a blindfold on!

“EVERYBODY GET IN TO ONE LINE!!! NOW!!!! OTHERWISE YOU’RE GOING TO DO TEN PUSH UPS!!!” a voice shrieked out of nowhere. All the Yr 7’s just stood there trying hard to see who was yelling. But the Yr 8’s all quickly lined up, only a few Year 7s (including myself) caught on. We stood beside the Yr 8’s, confused with what was happening.”What’s going -” I whispered to my older brother. “Ssssh”he cut me off “ Shush otherwise we’re gonna have to do push ups.” he hissed back. Sorry I asked!

Finally, a man appeared holding a microphone and yelled in to and the speaker screeched out “GOOD, BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH. EVERY BODY ON THE GROUND AND DO 5 PUSH UPS!!” “OHHHHHhhhhhhhh” everyone groaned. “ 1........2..........3.........4..........5 “ everyone chanted. “GOOD WORK GUYS AND GALS!! Now, for the first activity. You will have to.......” I started to day dream. I sighed. This would have to be the best camp ever!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Toreka...

    wata cool storyyyy about camp.. I was laughing at the part when you try Ask your older brother what was happening lol.... Your story makes me think of when i went to camp... oh it sound like your cool camp.. So good that you enjoyed it!!!

    LOovee youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toreka to Aunty that made my dressJune 14, 2011 at 1:04 PM

    Hi Aunty Sele, thanks for leaving me comments today! You're on a roll. Did you feel convicted not (convected lol) to comment? Now go, go away, read some books. Love you Aunty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Aunty to funny nieceJuly 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM

    lolllll toreka you are sooo funny man you get that from me aye? ok you go away now and read some math books:) lovee you

    ReplyDelete