Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Term Of The Dinosaurs



It was Monday morning and everybody was in the hall ready for assembly.But this wasn't any ordinary assembly, it was Term 2's immersion assembly. The main theme was 'Dino-Might'!

"Raaaah!" screamed Mr Burt dressed as Cracker the Cave Man. He walked towards me and banged me on the back with his bombyenocker! " I want to eat my lunch!" he yells " Hipsololphodons make a good burger! I call them dino burgers" he shouted. As if Pt England kids were the prey, he hobbled over to Feki, hit him and dragged him down the asile!He kept on hitting him and shrieked " This isn't enough, I need some more Hipsolophodons."Cracker tip toed over to Tyler and dragged him down the aisle as well. Tyler greeted Feki.

" Okay now we're going to see what Team2 is going to do this term!" Cracker declared.
Mr J pressed the space bar and the movie began. At the end, all the teachers from Team 1 ran up on the stage held up a sign that read : WE ARE NOT EXTINCT (YET). All the teachers thought it was hilarious!

My favourite item was performed by Team 2. They were bobbing and gliding all over the stage with their ' Dino Diva Disco'.

I am looking forward to learning about dinosaurs. Sometimes I even wish I could go back in time to see, with my own eyes, a real live dinosaur.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toreka.

    Great writing! Sounds like your immersion assembly was great fun. You have cool teachers! Ooooh I don't know if you reeaally want to see a real dinosaur...it would be too scary! Have you seen any of the Jurassic Park movies? It gives you an idea of what it might be like. Maybe we should rent it on a rainy day.

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete