Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Daniella Hulme & Pablo Piccasso

In Room 21 we have again been assigned to compare the differences between  two paintings, the ‘Weeping Woman’ by Pablo Picasso and ‘Lazy Day in Paradise’ by Daniella Hulme.  Picasso is very famous for his style ‘Cubism,’ and Daniella is famous for her ‘Modern Kiwi Flavour’ type style.

Most of Pablo Picasso’s paintings are judged as random and crazy pieces of art.  The first time I saw his work I thought they were so weird, but now that we’ve been going deeper into the study of his art, I understand much more.  I’ve learnt that when he’s around halfway through his piece of art, he would change the perspective of the subject.  His art is quite interesting.

Daniella Hulme is a Dutch woman who is married to a Samoan man.  In most if not all of her paintings, her subject is based in the Pacific Islands.  She uses vibrant and bright colours in lots of her paintings.  I’ve noticed in the painting that her subject isn’t realistic.  I think that’s just her style though.

No comments:

Post a Comment