Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

PR-PR-PR-PRIZEGIVING????

"" And now we're on to the year five awards" Mr Burt announced. " I'm so excited" I squealed to Selena.  It was the night of Pt England's 2009 Prize giving and I felt as if I was in Egypt, man it was hot!! " First of all the 100% attendance awards." Mr Burt declared" Maranda.......Aidan.......and..... Toreka." My heart thumped like crazy. "D-d-d-id  Mr Burt j-j-just call my n-n-name?" I thought in my head. Everyone turned around straight away and started to stare.Thankfully my friends and family started to cheer. It made me feel a bit better. As I hastily walked down the red carpet, I tried to imagine I wasn't at prize giving, but at home walking down the drive way. It REALLY helped. As soon as I got my award my older brother (Tanielu) hung two lollies necklaces around my neck. I looked down and I couldn't believe my eyes. In front of me, hanging around my neck were the my most favourite chocolates in the whole wide world.  Finally, I got to go and sit back down. But it didn't matter because I had to go back up again! This time, it as for getting distinction in my writing exams. I got another  lolly necklace. My nana must have been busy. Prize giving was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to next year's one!

( Here's a short snippet of the year 5 item)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Toreka!!! You worked so hard to achieve what you got. I could see your mum by the stage, beaming with pride & trying to take lots of photos of you!

    I thought it was so sweet to see your brother put a lolly necklace around your neck as a 'congratulations gift' - everyone in the crowd agreed too and went..."awwwwww"

    p.s I like your blog 'skinz' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Toreka!

    Awesome blog! You brought back some memories for me in primary of how petrifying it can be to hear your name called out unexpectedly at prizegiving! Now I'm thirty...something... I still get nervous. It sounds like you had plenty of fun and plenty of sugar. Thank you for the entertaining blog and I wish you well for your nomination. GOD IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. איך עושים יחסי ציבור

    ReplyDelete